For those of you who don’t know me, I have a deep passion for professional football and the Green Bay Packers. I have always been fond of the sport, and this mild obsession I have may have resulted in a few tiffs throughout college, all due to excessive “smack-talk” no doubt. My roommate, who is originally from Iowa, shares the same passion as me.
Except she follows college football. Yes, she LOVES the Hawkeyes.
Of course I was ecstatic. And immediately started promoting the Green and Gold. She shot that idea down after no more than five seconds, and yes I became a little nervous. Side Note: I knew Kelli was a Hawkeye fan before I moved in, and I accepted it. Had she been a Bears or Vikings fan, I may have thought twice before making myself at home.
Kelli has decided not to follow any of the teams from the NFC-North. Apparently, she’s sick of all the bragging about whose team is better: the Packers, Bears or Vikings (let’s face it, no one talks about Detroit). Fair enough, I can handle her cheering for an opposing team as long as it’s NOT the Bears or Vikings.
Here are her requirements:
1. Can’t be a team from the NFC-North division
2. Can’t make her look like she’s jumping on the bandwagon (aka Pats fan)
3. While she doesn’t want to look like a “bandwagoner”, she also wants the team to show some potential.
4. No Randy Moss (Oh wait maybe that’s my requirement.)
5. Can’t be red. Ex: Kansas City Chiefs (I think the dislike for red developed when Wisconsin beat Iowa this year)
6. A team with some Old Iowa Hawks players would be a nice plus.
Please give us some insight on which team you think would be a great fit for Kelli.